Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Jack-O-Lanterns!


Pumpkin carving is one of my favorite holiday traditions. Going to the patch, picking the perfect pumpkin, gutting it out and making it into a classic face and then roasting the seeds. So much good comes from it, and there is some sort of wonder and magic that never fades when it comes to pumpkin carving. Personally, I am a fan of classic jack-o-lantern faces as opposed to scenery or pop culture references, so my pumpkins may not be the most fancy, but they have a nice nostalgic quality.
This year Lauren and I wanted to re-create the pumpkin from Halloween (1978), and I think we did a great job! After all the mess was cleaned up, I roasted the seeds. This year I made cinnamon sugar and garlic cayenne pepper flavored seeds.



No comments:

Post a Comment