Pages

Monday, August 5, 2013

Plein Air Painting


Over the weekend I went to Guadalupe Oak Park with some friends to do some long-overdue Plein Air Painting. it was my first time there and I wore the absolute wrong shoes, but climbed a trail and part of a tree anyway. I'll know better for next time! I haven't been focusing much on painting and drawing from life this summer (I know, shame on me) but I didn't do as poorly as I thought I would. I forgot how peaceful it is to just set up in nature and really observe your surroundings. 
Being at work a lot lately has kept me from really enjoying the outdoors, so it was wonderful to get outside and do something that felt artistically productive. 
I used watercolors this time around. I plan on going again sometime this week! Maybe a different park though. 



No comments:

Post a Comment