Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Bride Tips: Wedding Day Makeup


Makeup was something I put a lot of thought into leading up to the wedding. I started shopping around for the general color palette I wanted and started trying things on an everyday basis in order to get a feel for how I wanted to look once the big day arrived. I wanted to make sure I had a good balance of looking done-up, and still feeling like myself. I didn't want to walk down the aisle looking like a different person, and I didn't want my make-up running all over my face, so priming and fixatives are key!

Our wedding was very natural and on the casual end of things, so I decided to go with an enhanced version of my everyday makeup. I love a good cat-eye, natural lip, and some shimmer, so that's what I did. This was also my first time using fake eye-lashes, and I loved them! I would highly recommend it, I felt like my eyes really popped because of them.

These are some products I used, and very highly recommend. 
I have supplied links below the image. I hired a hair and make-up artist, and she did an amazing job, but looking back on the great work my bridesmaids did on themselves, I would have been fine just having them do my makeup for me. (My hair needs a professional though, there's no arguing that. It's a monster. But that's another post.)



Photography by Nerinna Studios

No comments:

Post a Comment