Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Honeymoon Makeup (for the pale girl)


As you probably know from a previous post, we went to Hawaii for our honeymoon. I had never been before, and was thoroughly excited. I have a fear of flying, not being high up but rather the claustrophobic nature of airplanes. Though I was extremely nervous and shaky, I made the 5 hour flight without any notable hiccups. 
Aside from the flying anxiety, I was very nervous about my skin. I am pale. Not just a little fair, but paper white. (This is a feature I used to dislike about myself when I was younger, but have come to absolutely adore my snowy complexion as an adult.) I rarely even have to try out foundations because I will always need the lightest one. It's just a given. So needless to say, protecting my skin in Hawaii was at the top of my priority list. I used Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Body Mist sunscreen at SPF 100+. I don't mess around. Skin health is very important stuff, I went through 2 bottles of this during the trip. I loved using it because it was easy to apply all over my body, it smells wonderful, and didn't leave me feeling greasy and sticky.
Another amazing discovery I made, thanks to my friend Megan, was Aveeno Smart Essentials Lotion. It smells wonderful, has SPF 30, feels great and weightless on my skin, and is perfect as a daily face moisturizer. I used this every day, and even now when I put it on it takes me right back to our honeymoon.
Something I only started using recently would have been perfect for the honeymoon, and I wish I had known about it at the time. CC Cream. This stuff is great, it's so easy to put on, again- SPF 30, and makes your skin look flawless without a lot of effort. Next time!
As for the rest, I wasn't too concerned about doing my makeup everyday. The only person I saw was my new husband, and he couldn't care less what makeup I put on my face, so I went with easy, natural, long lasting, and hydrating essentials. Waterproof products were also great because we were constantly in and out of the pool or the ocean, and it would rain without warning everyday. So below are some of my favorite products I used on the trip.




No comments:

Post a Comment