Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Budget Beauty: Lips


Lipstick is something I don't like to spend a lot of money on, because no matter how much I love a color, I just don't wear it often enough! This is something I am actively trying to change, because lipstick is just so much fun, but I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing lip stains on my tea cups. Ick. BUT this post is supposed to be pro-lipstick so let's change the pace. 
These are my favorites! My best friend, Lauren, introduced me to Rimmel's Kate Moss collection and recommended #11 to me, this is the best red lipstick I've ever had. It's so dark and full, and it smells like strawberries.
In the middle there you'll see that I finally got my bright purple lipstick! And the name is just fantastic; BRAZEN BERRY. It looks surprisingly good for such a playful color, I think it is unexpectedly good for everyday wear. 
And of course, Revlon's Pink Pout, which is a near perfect dupe of Mac's "Snob". I don't know if this lipstick looks particularly good on me, but I love the color so much that I don't even care. 
Now last but not least:


My all time, wear it every day, I-look-like-Holly-Golightly in this, favorite lipstick ever. I actually lost this for a while in one of my (too) many purses and I was sad because I couldn't remember the name of it in order to replace it. I just always called it my "Holly Golightly" lipstick, because it looks like the exact color Audrey Hepburn puts on in the cab at the end of Breakfast at Tiffany's. Well I found it again and the name was "Iconic" and I couldn't help but think that is the perfect name. 

Happy Friday! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment